Canton, OH 44708
Communication, Inc. provides:
- 6-8 business meetings per year featuring
programs of interest, speakers, or group discussions.
- 3-4 social gatherings per year for the entire
family to give the children and their siblings a chance to mingle and make
- A lending library of books and games for home
- An equipment (personal FM and hearing aids)
loaner program available to new families.
- Intervention meeting for new families which
allows them to meet NCI members and children.
- Mom's Coffee.
- Outreach by active members of the group to new
familes for one-on-one support and encouragement.
- Our latest project us the "Backpack Project":
the newest way to offer home therapy materials to our families with young
- Speak to local children's hospital about the
- Distribute Natural Communication, Inc. brochures
to area hospitals, pediatricians, audiologists, and universities.
- Donate I Can Hear and I Can Hear II
videotapes and our book, We CAN Hear and Speak: The Power of
Auditory-Verbal Communication for Children Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
to Parent Coalition for Children With Disabilities.
- Natural Communication, Inc. is a member of the
Community Television Consortium of Stark County for whom we gave half-hour
programs about Auditory-Verbal therapy and our group.
- With help for the Community Television
Consortium, we were able to produce the videotapes, I Can Hear
and I Can Hear II.
- We received a grant from the Junior League to
help distribute our videotapes in the Canton area.
- Various Natural Communication, Inc. members are
involved with their local Special Education Regional Resource Centers (SERRC).
- Several members have been featured in print and
on television, exposing the public to the successes of Auditory-Verbal,
the cochlear implant, and mainstreaming.
- Parent panels speak to college students at the
University of Akron, The College of Wooster, and Kent State University.
- Received a $3000 grant from Dextra Baldwin
McGonagie Foundation, Inc. to distribute our book to NE Ohio agencies and
- Recieved a $5000 donation from Lou and June to
help fund NCI 2000 projects.
- Members have spoken on parent panels at the
Graham Bell Association for the Deaf
- Our videotapes are available for purchase
through the Alexander Graham Bell Association publications catalog.
- Received a $2000 grant from the Geoffrey
Foundation of Kennebunkeport, Maine to caption our videotapes.
- Hosted and coordinated the 1995
Auditory-Verbal International National
- Hosting the 1998 Daniel Ling, Ph.D. Conference
for Auditory-Verbal International.
- Constructing a Natural Communication, Inc. web
- Members have spoken at an auditory-verbal
workshop in Manila, Philippines.